Nissan Battery Replacement in Richmond, KY
Keep Your Nissan Battery Running With Gates Nissan
Your Nissan battery is what brings your car to life each time you turn it on in Richmond. By providing the electrical system power, your battery helps start your vehicle’s motor and powers your vehicle’s electronics while the motor is off. Over time, your Nissan battery will need to be replaced to ensure your vehicle is always running at top performance on KY roads. Learn more about the warning signs of a dying battery and how you can test your Nissan battery with Gates Nissan below. Then contact our team for car battery service in Richmond.
Signs of a Dying Nissan Battery
Over time your Nissan battery will deteriorate and will need to be replaced. This is caused by a number of factors including use, weather, KY climate, and age. Check for these warning signs if you think you need a Nissan battery replacement:
- Dimming headlights
- More frequent need for engine revving or jump-starts
- Takes longer to start the engine when you turn the key/push the button
- Unusual power fluctuations
Why Does My Car Battery Deteriorate?
There are many things that can deteriorate your car battery as you drive through Lexington. Factors can range from your personal driving habits to the climate you live in. See the different reasons you could need car battery service in Richmond below:
- Heat: Batteries have a shorter lifespan in warming climates due to the hot weather. As the heat evaporates the liquids inside a car battery, the quality and capabilities of that battery deteriorate.
- Vibrations: If you drive on rough roads frequently or if your battery is not secured properly in your engine compartment, the excess vibrations will cause your battery’s internal parts to break down faster.
- Frequent Jump-Starting: If your battery is frequently jump-started, or if you allow your battery to die often by leaving electronics or the lights in your car on, the lifetime of your battery will shorten significantly.
- Time: As with most parts in your vehicle, age along with wear and tear will cause your battery to wear down. However, proper care can prevent the battery from dying on you early.
Sticking to your vehicle’s recommended maintenance schedule will help lengthen the lifetime of your battery and help you catch any problems before they become major repairs. Contact our service team to learn more about our battery services.
How to Test a Car Battery
If you suspect that you need car battery service in Richmond, there are a few ways you can check your battery before scheduling a service appointment. Try these two easy methods at your Berea home:
The Headlight Test:
- Turn on the engine, keep the car in park, and make sure the headlights are on.
- Rev the engine and see if the headlight brightness changes.
- If the headlights get brighter, that means the current is not strong enough to keep the lights at normal brightness while the car is idling.
- Take your car to a service center at this point for further assessment.
Using a Digital Multimeter:
- Set the voltmeter to 20 DC volts.
- Under the hood, touch the negative terminal (black) with the negative meter probe (also black).
- Touch the positive terminal (red) with the positive meter probe (also red)
- Have a friend turn on the headlights and check the voltmeter reading.
- At 80℉, 12.5 volts or higher means your battery is fully charged. 12.3 volts means it’s at about 75% charged.11.8 volts or lower means you have 25% or less charge.
Get a Nissan Battery Replacement at Gates Nissan
If you need a Nissan battery replacement, browse our online parts store to find the right battery for your vehicle, then read our guide on how to replace your car battery at your London home. The Gates Nissan service team is here to help you with all of your Nissan needs – even if you want to know how often you should rotate your tires! Contact us or stop by today, we look forward to helping you keep your Nissan vehicle running for years to come!
Recent News From Gates Nissan
Since its inception, the Nissan Rogue has performed admirably against competitors like the Honda CR-V or the Volkswagen Tiguan. The 2021 Nissan Rogue redesign, however, is setting new standards in the compact SUV market, and puts the Rogue far ahead of its competition. Learn more about the new Nissan Rogue interior, performance, and safety system…
Nissan is setting new standards in the car industry with the announcement of the 2022 Nissan Ariya: a new all-electric Nissan vehicle for the next generation. Unlike the new Nissan Leaf, the Nissan Ariya will be an electric crossover SUV and will offer up to 300 miles of driving range in Richmond. Slotted for release…
The new Nissan Rogue is a popular SUV among Richmond drivers because of its easy driveability. Drivers can navigate Lexington roads with ease or travel to their favorite camping spot with the Nissan Rogue model’s exceptional performance and capability. The 2020 Nissan Rogue has a maximum towing capacity of 1,102 pounds, which is perfect for…