Nissan Oil Changes in Richmond, KY
If you need an oil change in Richmond, you may be wondering how long an oil change will take and what happens if you don’t change your oil. Getting a Nissan oil change doesn’t take very long, and changing your oil in accordance with your vehicle’s maintenance plan will help your vehicle run for many years on Lexington roads. Read below to learn more about Nissan oil changes, along with what you can expect when you visit your local Nissan service center.
What Does Motor Oil Do?
Many Richmond drivers know that oil is an essential component of their Nissan’s engine, but they may not know what it does exactly. To understand the importance of getting a Nissan oil change, read below to see what motor oil does and how it protects your vehicle:
- Motor oil acts as a lubricant in your engine, allowing each part to move properly with other parts.
- Motor oil reduces the friction between each part and moves heat away from the engine, this keeps your engine cool and allows the parts to work as they’re designed to.
- The viscosity in motor oil also prevents rust, corrosion, and general wear from damaging the components in your Nissan engine.
Keeping to your Nissan oil change schedule allows your engine to run at its peak performance for as long as you own the vehicle.
What Happens If You Don’t Change Your Oil?
Life in Berea can become overwhelming with all the appointments you have to make, and you may be tempted to let your vehicle wait on its oil change. However, in order to keep your vehicle running properly, it is incredibly important to change your oil in accordance with your Nissan maintenance plan.
What happens when you don’t get a Nissan oil change? Over time the oil in your Nissan will lose its viscosity and pick up debris as it travels through your engine. The degradation of your vehicle’s oil will lead to increased friction, which will increase the engine temperature. If your engine becomes too hot, serious damage will occur as you drive through London. This can lead to costly repairs down the line or potentially the need for a partial or a full engine replacement.
How Often Should I Change My Oil?
You should schedule an oil change in Richmond, KY in accordance with your Nissan owner’s manual. Depending on if your vehicle uses conventional oil or synthetic oil, your vehicle could need an oil change every six months or once a year. Typically conventional oil needs to be changed every 5,000 – 7,500 miles, while synthetic oil can wait to be changed every 10,000 – 15,000 miles. However, if you use your Nissan for high-performance jobs frequently, then you may need to have your oil changed more often. Discuss your Nissan vehicle’s personal oil change frequency with one of our certified technicians.
How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
Getting an oil change in Richmond typically doesn’t take very long, but it will depend on if you’re performing the oil change yourself at your Lexington home or if you schedule a service appointment with your local Nissan dealership.
If you’re a DIY mechanic, changing the oil on your own will take about an hour – allowing time for you to prep your vehicle, allow the oil to drain, and install a new oil filter and replace the oil. Getting a Nissan oil change at Gates Nissan will take less time since our garage is already set up to handle the task. Changing your oil at home will cost less, but if your uncomfortable changing your oil on your own or if you want to avoid the hassle, the team at Gates Nissan will change your oil and get you back on Berea roads in no time!
More Oil Change Information
If it’s time to get a Nissan oil change, coming to the Gates Nissan service center allows you to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Each of our technicians is factory-certified to work on all types of Nissan vehicles. Whether you’re driving a Nissan SUV or one of our electric models, we can keep your vehicle in excellent shape for years to come.
- Living in KY can produce more wear and tear on vehicles due to the humid summers and frigid winters. Because of this, your Nissan vehicle may need service more frequently. Discuss your vehicle’s personal maintenance schedule with one of our certified Nissan technicians today!
- Drivers can take advantage of our service and parts specials to save on their Nissan maintenance and OEM Nissan parts.
Get a Nissan Oil Change in Richmond Today
Schedule a service appointment with one of our technicians to get an oil change in Richmond today, or contact our team with any questions you have about our Nissan services. Make sure to browse our service specials as well so you can save on your Nissan maintenance visits. You can also browse our parts store to order your OEM recommended Nissan oil, an OEM Nissan oil filter, or any other Nissan part or accessory you may need. We look forward to helping you keep your Nissan running smoothly mile after mile in London!